The Evening Sun Beginners Fly Fishing School
- 2024 is our 17th year of offering the Fly Fishing School!
- All you need to know to get started as a beginner fly fisher.
- Low student/teacher ratio and complete overview of products and instruction.
- Classroom training as well as on the water instruction.
- All gear and equipment provided as well as lunch and beverages.
- Only $275.00 per person.
1) Sunday, April 14th — Beginners Learn to Fly Fish School 7:45am – 5pm. Call or email to reserve your spot.
2) Sunday, April 21st — Beginners Learn to Fly Fish School 7:45am – 5pm. Call or email to reserve your spot.
3) Saturday, April 27th — Beginners Learn to Fly Fish School 7:45am – 5pm. Call or email to reserve your spot.
Call or email the shop for complete details on getting signed up. Classes have traditionally filled up very quickly.
I have been getting a lot of clients who went to a “Brand Name Fly Fishing School” for a weekend and became frustrated when they came back with a lot of expensive equipment but experienced problems when they attempted to fish on their own.
There’s no substitute for time on the water, so the Evening Sun Fly Fishing School includes instructional time on the water. Developing a good understanding of strategies and techniques that will be effective in catching fish is one of the basic fundamentals of fly fishing in New England.
I want to pass along my many years of experience and love of the sport. I am not here to endorse equipment. I provide unbiased information about how to select rods, reels, lines, waders, and other gear. I don’t spend a lot of time talking about brands and models but provide practical, useful information.
My experience tells me that casting is only one part of fly fishing. In the Evening Sun Beginners Fly Fishing School, you will not only learn how to cast but where and when to cast.
I teach you how to “read the water” and learn where trout hold in a stream, how to approach them, and how to cast to where they will eat your fly. And probably as important as anything, I demonstrate different retrieval techniques that greatly enhance an adequate cast.
Many vendors make great gear and often the best gear for you is not the most expensive. I always say “It’s not the arrow, it’s the Indian.”
There is no need to buy any special equipment before I teach you how to fly fish. I provide all fly rods, reels, waders, and other equipment. All of the lessons include time on the water. You will learn by seeing and doing.
The attention that you receive will be centered around increasing your overall fly fishing skill set. You will quickly immerse yourself in the beauty of the places where trout live. You will spend less money and learn all you need to get started in The Evening Sun Beginners Fly Fishing School.
Give us a call or email to register for the Evening Sun Beginners Fly Fishing School or to schedule your personal Learn to Fly Fish School in New England -Massachusetts or New Hampshire.